Rottnest Island Wander The West End Guided Hike | 7 km | 3 Hrs
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: WA
- Product code: PETPLP
We head to Rottnest Island to explore some of the best of the Wadjemup Bidi network; a series of walk trails that will take you across spectacular coastal headlands, past stunning inland lakes and encounter both natural and man-made attractions along the way.
We head off to the West End where we embark on our 10km hike along the Ngank Wen Bidi (Explore West End). We begin with a scenic drive from Settlement out to Narrowneck. Our hike begins visiting a popular surfing spot for the adventurous ( don't worry, we won't be surfing!) at Radar Reef, before heading onto Cape Vlamingh to see the highlights of the natural arch, crashing waves, and osprey eagles. Now it's on to Catherdral Rocks, where we can view the seals from the viewing platform, providing the perfect vantage point to watch the New Zealand fur seals frolicking. Mabel Cove is up next, and some say they can
see a crocodile in the rocks in this
beautiful protected bay. Mabel Cove rounds out the spectacle of the west end guided hike. This stunning bay is a favourite! Enjoy a dip in the natural lagoon in the reef to cool off before a relaxing bus ride back to settlement.
- Guided 8km hike along the Wadjemup Bidi network on Rottnest Island
- Bus transfer to our hiking start point and back to settlement at the end
- Amazing historical stories and secrets covering local heritage of our fascinating hiking trail
- An exclusive tour opportunity that can not be experienced with any other operators on Rottnest Island
- Friendly and knowledgeable, first aid trained tour guides
- Access to all photos of the day
- Optional at checkout: Return Ferry Tickets Fremantle (B-Shed) - Rottnest and Rottnest - Fremantle
- Optional at checkout: Extend your hike and traverse the northern beaches by foot with an 8 km extension.
MEETING POINT AND GETTING THERE:
Check-in is at the Visitors Center on Island. If you have added ferry tickets at checkout, we will email you with further details on the departure time.
WHAT TO BRING:
Bring plenty of water and sun protection although these items can be purchased on the island
Snacks to enjoy along the trail
Comfortable clothes and shoes suitable for hiking. Sturdy trainers or hiking boots
Bathers, snorkel, towel, or anything to enjoy a summer dip or afternoon by the water