John Forrest Ultimate Collection | 10 km | 3 Hrs
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: WA
- Product code: PU9LM2
Uncover the rich beauty and rugged bush lands of Western Australia's first national park, John Forrest on this 10 km adventure. We explore the highlights of John Forrest, from the Swan View tunnel, to the wildflowers, waterfalls and dams. This is an adventure for the entire family.
Enjoy magnificent views over the city, the rush of water on the multiple waterfalls during winter, and the secret history of the tunnel, ‘fairy villages’, and ‘swimming pool’ of the early 1900’s. There’s plenty of wildlife to observe including many native birds, kangaroos and bandicoots, while the wildflowers colour the landscape in the springtime.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TICKET:
- A guided 10km hike along the Railway Reserves Heritage Trail in John Forrest National Park
- Amazing historical stories and secrets covering local heritage of our fascinating hiking trail
- Our personal recommendations for local cafes and restaurants to enjoy a well deserved meal or coffee post hike
- A great experience with Perth's award-winning hiking tour operator
- Friendly and knowledgeable, first aid trained tour guide
- OPTIONAL AT CHECKOUT - Add an extend, for an extra addition to your hiking experiecne.
MEETING POINT AND GETTING THERE:
John Forrest National Park is located about 30 minutes East of Perth. Leave Perth on the Great Eastern Highway and head up the Green mount Hill. The park lies to the north of the highway and is well signposted. Make your way to the main carpark past the pub and look for our Hike Collective sign to check-in!
This hike is a grade 3, and no hiking experience is required. Due to the length, we do recommend some degree of fitness. See what the grades mean here.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Hiking shoes or comfortable trainers
- Water bottle (at least 1L)
- Sun protection and hat
- As we enter the Swan View Tunnel, we recommend bringing a head torch or hiring one at Checkout
- Hiking poles if required
PARK ENTRY FEES:
Entry fees to the National park are NOT included in your ticket, as this is a per vehicle price ($15 on arrival). If you have a parks pass, you will get free entry to the National Park. Hike often? We recommend investing in a Parks pass which can be found here.
Public toilets at this hike location carpark.
As this is a national park, no dogs are allowed.